Tuesday 23 January 2018

The universe and how it's awesome to be too good to be true....

I have to say I'm not very good at keeping up with this blog. Yes, I know there are a few that rather liked to read the wise words of wisdom I have graced the internet with. But really Glenn? One blog post a month would even be better than none right?

A lot has happened since my last blog post. My son made a full recovery from his drowning incident. He has since moved out on his own and is working full time which means that even though he is now a productive member of society.......the nest is empty.

Life moves at a tremendous pace. You either go with it or fall behind. Its easy to get overwhelmed with how a person moves through this maze of  twists and turns. The only question that needs to be answered is when change looks in your direction, Are you going to run towards it or run away from it?

Change is the catalyst that gets us to our life's next waypoint. Sometimes it is caused by us and sometimes it is caused by things outside of our immediate control. One form of change is calculated and on purpose, while the other is forced upon us causing us to react. For me, this last year has been a combination of both.

It started in November of 2016 when an announcement was made that affected over 50 people that I work with. They were moving our jobs to another city and that we had 6 months left before they turned out the lights. A week after that announcement, I attended the premiere of my latest movie project, Patient 62. My son moved out during that same month as well. So while I was sitting there pondering my options...well, it was more like panicking because now I had to start looking for work after being gainfully employed with the same company for over 9 years. The fact I was going to be 47 and looking for works scared the crap out of me.

 Emotional times eh. The winds of change were blowing like a hurricane and 2017 loomed over my head.

Then a funny thing happened.......January 1st, 2017 hit. I spent the day feeling the optimism of a newly minted year. I felt a great energy that everything was going to be ok and that I will land on my feet....somehow. I knew this was going to be a landmark year. The template was there, I just didn't know who or what was going to fill in the blanks.


Losing my job rippled through other parts of my life as well. No more corporate rates for my gym activities. That's right, I was forced to change workout facilities because of my pending job loss. I was also single again and feeling the gravity of yearning for human connection. It was a very overwhelming period. With those negatives came some developing positives. Patient 62 struck a North American distribution deal, my training as a certified NLP practitioner was nearing completion, and I made a deal with myself to focus on losing weight and getting into the best shape of my life.

All this was on my plate for 2017! My old mindset would have already been telling me that there is no way you are going to accomplish any of this. But my budding NLP brain told me that you need to focus on the journey, put the proper things in place and before you know it your goal would be reached.

Now I can write about my entire 2017 journey in this one blog post, but we are now in 2018. So let's look at how my year went but in point form:

*I went from 280 lbs as of Nov 2016 to 196 lbs as of right now. See the picture below for the results
*I got hired by a major bank.
*The movie I play a lead role in, Patient 62,  has successfully launched on major VOD platforms all over North America (iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, PS4, Xbox One, Rogers VOD, MTS, Verizon FIOS). We just made an announcement it will be in China this spring!
*I became a certified NLP Practitioner.
*My production business, Dead Rockstar Productions, has started to attract clients for marketing and corporate videos. Soon I will be producing my first feature film called Faccioun (sounds like faction). A thriller based on a story I wrote about a secret society of serial killers.

So as you can see, change can be quite overwhelming when just looking at it. You know deep down inside that you must take that first step to start the journey. That's the hardest part. The amazing part is that when you get to the other side and look back at where you started from, it is a totally empowering moment to realize that you did make something awesome happen. The unknown path is a scary path. You just have to remember that you need to treat your goals like experiments being made by a scientist. If you are not getting the results you want, change something you are doing to change the results. Its funny how cliché that all sounds. It is part of the true path of making your dreams into goals, and your goals into reality.Ask yourself this question. Why can't too good to be true be just true?

Have an amazing day!!

The picture on the right was taken in Nov of 2016. The one on the right was taken in Oct of 2017.




.









No comments:

Post a Comment